Scholarships in Ghana 2012
FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY STUDENTS
- is known for providing basic and high school education for children of school going age who have no access to quality education.
- The Scholarship program includes all four of Pokuase’s primary/junior secondary schools and the three senior secondary schools that serve the Pokuase area. WomensTrust currently supports Pokuase’s brightest, poor young women including senior secondary students.
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- enables individuals from Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa, Turkey, and selected countries in Central America to spend one year studying at community colleges in the United States and earn a vocational certificate.
- The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of Scholarships. The scholarships are designed for high achievers (Gifted Student) who are from areas of need.
- The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, all fees, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards continue to be met.
- You are eligible to apply if you: 1. are a Level 100 student, 2. reside in an impoverished part of the country. 3. are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses. 4. attended a LESS ENDOWED Senior High School (verify with the SFAO) 5. obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
- Submit a completed UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) and letters of recommendations are encouraged.
- For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 021-945312 or email email@example.com
At the University of Sydney we offer Sydney Choice – a wide range of dynamic courses with flexible degree structures. We don’t believe one model fits all. We encourage you to start working towards your goal, your way, from your first day at university.
- 30 scholarships each per annum available for a maximum of three years, Any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- The Australia Awards initiative was announced by the Australian Prime Minister in 2009 and aims to maximise the benefit of the Australian Government’s extensive scholarship programs, and to support enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours.
The Australia Awards initiative brings the Australian Government’s scholarship programs together under the one Australia Awards brand.
- In 2010-11, the Australia Awards program in Africa will provide both long awards (Australian Development Scholarships) and short-term awards to nationals from 25 countries across Africa.
- The award has enabled a Ghanian student to come to the UK to commence a one-year masters in Haematology.
- It provides the full cost of studying at Cambridge, a living allowance for all students and one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- 90 new scholarships awarded each year and there area about 250 Scholars from 60 countries at Cambridge
In association with the Ghana High Commissioner for the UK and the Ghana Telecom University College (GTUC) Coventry University are delighted to offer a limited number of full tuition fee scholarships for Ghanaian nationals.
Successful applicants will be awarded a place to study on one of these eight courses:
- MSc Oil & Gas Management (Coventry Campus) September 2012 start
- MBA Oil & Gas Management (London Campus) April 2012 start
- MSc Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Accra Campus) April or July 2012 start
- MBA Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Accra Campus) April or July 2012 start
- MSc Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Kumasi Campus) April or July 2012 start
- MBA Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Kumasi Campus) April or July 2012 start
- MSc Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Koforidua Campus) April or July 2012 start
- MBA Oil & Gas Management (GTUC – Koforidua Campus) April or July 2012 start
How to apply
Applications are invited from Ghanaian nationals who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be in possession of a degree from a recognised university with a first class or second upper (2:1) award
- Applicants must provide evidence that they have made contributions to Ghanaian society in a voluntary or other capacity, or contributions that reflect Ghana in a positive manner and not national service
- Applicants applying for study in the UK must only apply if they have financial resources either personal or through a recognized sponsor to pay for their return flight, visa application and living expenses for the 12 month duration of the course.
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly-qualified students.
- About 120 scholarships will be awarded for studies in Sweden, starting in August 2012.
- The scholarship covers both living costs and tuition fees.
- Travel grants – Scholarship holders will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 10.000.
- is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- Candidates for the INSEAD scholarships will need to demonstrate: (a) academic achievement and promise (b) aptitude for business and financial management, and (c) a strong likelihood of spending the better part of their working careers in West Africa. In awarding these scholarships, INSEAD shall particularly seek candidates from Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Benin.
- Eligibility: Candidates must be nationals from a West Africa country (preferably Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Benin) and will have spent most of their lives and received most or part of their education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
- seeks to revitalize the humanities in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda through fellowship competitions and meetings associated with them. The AHP is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Incoming search terms:
- ghana flag
- africa flag
- african flag
- flag of africa
- african flags
- west africa flag
- ghanian flag
- flag of ghana
- флаг африки