Masters Scholarship for International Students
Here is a great opportunity to a Graduate Degree in Africa through the Australia Government. I appreciate this scholarship site as the instructions and next steps are clear. Samuel
- Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours through Australia’s extensive scholarship programs.
- The initiative aims to build a new generation of global leaders with strong links to Australia.
- Australia Awards are the flagship of the Australian development cooperation program and are an important component of Australia’s investment in education. They offer long- and short-term study and professional development opportunities to citizens from developing countries around the globe. They aim to provide enhanced leadership, knowledge and technical skills to partner governments, tertiary institutions and strategic organisations that are driving sustainable development.
Scholarships have been an important component of the Australian Government’s efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development since the 1950s.
They aim to:
- develop capacity and leadership skills so that recipients can contribute to development in their home countries
- build people-to-people linkages at the individual, institutional and country levels.
In Africa, the Australian Government offers scholarships and fellowships under Australia Awards for African professionals to undertake long-term studies leading to a postgraduate degree and short-term training leading to the acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
- Study in Australia
- Numerous Participating Schools throughout the country – check here for a complete list – http://www.adsafrica.com.au/institutions.php
Field(s) of Study
- Long-term awards include Australia Awards Scholarships to undertake Masters-level studies in Australian universities.
- In addition, opportunities are also available for short-term training through the Australia Awards – Africa Fellowships for African nationals.
Two types of Fellowships are available. The first one, Africa Fellowships, offers opportunities for short post-graduate training delivered in Australia and/or in Africa for up to three months.
- The training targets experienced employees from African public, private and non-government organisations (civil society) in the following fields:
- Extractives and
- Public Policy
What does the scholarship cover?
For holders of an Australia Awards Masters Scholarship, entitlements include:
- the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters award.
- An economy class flight to and from Australia is provided and
- an approximate annual stipend of AUD 30,000 to cover living expenses whilst on award in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also provided to cover Awardee’s basic medical costs.
- A one off Establishment Allowance of AUD 5,000 is payable to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing your course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items etc.).
- Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare to allow them to travel home midway through the course, but this is only available to Awardees whose course is for 2 years or longer.
How many scholarships are given?
- Up to 380 Masters-level Awards
Which countries are targeted?
- Algeria Ethiopia Morocco Sierra Leone
- Angola Gambia Mauritius South Africa
- Botswana Ghana Mozambique Swaziland
- Burundi Kenya Namibia Tanzania
- Cameroon Lesotho Nigeria Tunisia
- Cape Verde Liberia Rwanda Uganda
- Egypt Malawi Seychelles Zambia
Your country not listed here – CHECK THIS LINK for other scholarship options for your country – http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/africa-map/
* NOT FROM AFRICA – NO WORRIES
Lot of options for you
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 2:2 (2nd Class Lower Division). You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- REQUEST APPLICATION – CLICK HERE
- Visit this website and navigate to your home country to find more information about eligibility as well as information on how to apply.
How do I get more information?
- For more information on this scholarship – Click here
- * NOT FROM AFRICA – NO WORRIES – Lot of options for you – CHECK HERE – http://aid.dfat.gov.au/australia-awards/Pages/default.aspx
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Norway – Full Bachelor’s and Master’s Scholarship to Study
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ graduatemasters/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum