Scholarships in Belgium – VLIR-UOS
- VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow a training or master program at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
- The training and master programmes are taught in English. They are designed to enable graduates to assume positions of responsibility in their country of origin.
- Study in Flanders
- Flanders is one of the regions and communities of Belgium and also a historical geographical region located in parts of present-day Belgium, France and the Netherlands.
- The Study in Flanders website provides information on study opportunities in Flanders, Belgium. It gives an overview of the Dutch-speaking universities and university colleges in Belgium. The website provides you with tips on how to prepare your stay, how to find funding opportunities and information on research in Flanders.
Field(s) of Study
Master programmes (intake September)
- Applications are now open! Deadlines for application are different per master programme and can be found on the website of the respective programme.
One-year Master programs
- Development Evaluation and Management.
- Globalisation and Development.
- Governance and Development.
- Human Settlements.
Two-year Master program
- Nutrition and Rural Development, main subject: Human Nutrition.
- Physical Land Resources.
- Biology – Specialization Human Ecology.
- Statistics – Specialization Bio-statistics.
- Environmental Sanitation.
- Food Technology.
- Molecular Biology.
- Water Resources Engineering.
- Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans & Lakes).
Training programs organized (1-4 months)
- Opening of applications is different per training program. Information on whether applications are open or not will be posted (when available) on this page.
- AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
- Dairy Nutrition
- Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis
- Health Management in Aquaculture
- Hospital Infection Control in Resource Limited Settings
- I-EBQ – International Course on Epidemiology, Bio-statistics and Qualitative Research Methods – Applications are now open
- Road safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Challenges and Strategies for Improvement
- SUSTLAW – Sustainable Development and Human Rights – Applications are now closed
- Technology for Integrated Water Management – Applications are now open
What does the scholarship cover?
- VLIR-UOS provides full scholarships for the total duration of the training or Master
- Check this PDF – Allowances & guidelines for scholarships for all the specifics
- For a training programme
- Allowance: € 32/day
- Several one-time payments
- Accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee
- For a Master programme
- Allowance: € 860/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 375/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
How many scholarships are given?
- Every year, VLIR-UOS awards up to 180 scholarships to first-year master’s students and 70 scholarships to training participants.
Which countries are targeted?
- Only persons who are resident AND national of one of the following countries (not necessarily the same country for residence and nationality) are eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship. Please note that candidates must reside in one of these countries at the moment of application.
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa,
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam,
- Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay,
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- All programs are specifically designed for people in positions of responsibility in civil society (e.g. universities, schools, NGOs, local communities, governments).
- The target group for master’s programs comprises students from developing countries, although those from other countries are also welcome. Training programs are tailored to people from developing countries with a certain degree of professional experience.
- The master’s programmes, lasting one or two academic years, focus on specific problems of developing countries. These are designed to enable graduates to share and apply acquired knowledge in the home institution and country.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training or Master programme.
- To apply for a training or Master programme, visit the website of the training or Master programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website.
- In the programme application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. In case you do, the programme coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS.
- The deadline for application for the master programs and training programs vary greatly
- check the program websites for details – if you’ve missed the deadline this year – prepare for next years application.
How do I get more information?
- For More information click here – VLIR-UOS – International Master Programmes
Incoming search terms:
- scolarship for ethiopiaby sceince of water resource engineering
- scholarshipin belgium /accounting
- aau masters water resource masters scholarship
- addis ababa university msc ICCMH
- Any open MSc scohlarship in education in germany?
- diredawa university rural development Mac programs
- haramaya universt masters of health(2017/2018 com
- hawassa university bio departement head phone nunmer in2009
- vacancies for assistant lecturers in the university of Buea for the 2017/2018 accademic year