University of Western Australia Graduate Scholarship for Master by Research or Doctor of Philosophy
- The purpose of the IPRS scheme is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas in which the University has specialized research strengths and to support Australia’s research effort. Successful applicants can expect to become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers and in an area which has attracted external resources.
- The University of Western Australia – Since 1911 the school has helped shape the careers of over 100,000 graduates.
Field(s) of Study
- Speak to the postgraduate contacts within the school or center in which you are interested in undertaking research.
- The school must confirm that your proposed research topic is in an area of research strength that is well supported by external research funding. It must also be able to provide appropriate expertise and supervision for your project.
- You must have agreement from a prospective supervisor in the school or center in which you intend to enroll at the time you submit your online scholarship application.
What does the scholarship cover?
- These scholarships cover International Tuition Fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Successful applicants will also be awarded a full living allowance scholarship.
- Tthe total combined value was $28,153 per annum in 2013
Which countries are targeted?
- You can apply for an IPRS Scholarship if you are a citizen of ANY other country, excluding New Zealand. You must NOT be a holder of a Permanent Residency Visa for Australia.
- For Residents of China there is a specific application for you.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Applications for international postgraduate research scholarships at UWA are rated according to the following criteria: (a) Academic achievement; (b) English language achievement; (c) Research training achievement; and (d) Proposed research environment.
- Allocation of scholarships is the outcome of a competitive ranking and selection process in which applications are scored and ranked by Schools, Faculties and the University Scholarships Committee, according to these common criteria and on the basis of evidence provided.
English Language Proficiency:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5, with speaking and listening no less than 6.0, and with reading and writing no less than 6.5
- paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 580 or above with 4.5 in the Test of Written English
- internet based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 95 with 22 for reading and listening, 24 for speaking and 23 for writing
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: C grade
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English: B grade
- UWA CELT Bridging Program: B+ grade or above.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- You must contact the school or center in which you are interested in undertaking research before lodging your scholarship application.
- August 30th, 2013
How do I get more information?
- For information on the scholarship – http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/search?sc_view=1&id=454&page=1&q=IPRS&s=1&old_key=0
- For information on the school – http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/
- For contacting the specific center/school regarding your research – http://www.postgraduate.uwa.edu.au/contact/coordinators
My Advice – Check out the third link first – do you have expertise, experience or research ability in one of these fields – if so make an initial contact to the person listed to begin the discussion about applying. Samuel
Incoming search terms:
- the university of western australia