- The University of Toronto and The MasterCard Foundation are pleased to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto for the 2014-2015 academic year. This comprehensive scholarship provides talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to relevant university education. The Program aims to educate and enable students to contribute to the economic growth and social development of their countries of origin.
- Study at University of Toronto
- Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America and in fact consistently ranks among the top universities in the world. U of T attracts top faculty and students, providing an intellectual environment that is unmatched in depth and breadth by any other Canadian campus. With more than 82,000 students across three campuses (St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough) and over 500,000 alumni active in every region of the world, U of T’s influence is felt in every area of human endeavor.
Field(s) of Study
- The Program supports four-year programs in the Faculty of Arts and Science and the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- including travel,
- food, and
- living expenses.
- You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
How many scholarships are given?
- It is expected that the Program will accept 13 in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
In order to be eligible, you must:
- be a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa;
- demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country;
- have very strong academic results within your school system;
- have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement;
- maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development;
- be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements; and
- fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country).
Please note that both academic and English requirements differ based on the country and educational system you are coming from.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
This scholarship opportunity is available for the St. George campus in first-entry undergraduate programs in either the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
To apply for the scholarship and for admission, you must submit an online application.
A completed application includes the following components:
- A completed on-line application, with all applicable sections filled out (including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions).
- Financial documents – you will be asked to upload scanned copy of financial documentation.
- Transcript – you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – you will be asked the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
- December 10th
How do I get more information?
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 416-946-5269
- Website – http://www.studentlife.utoronto.ca/cie/mastercard-scholars
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ undergrad/
- Canadaian Undergrad MasterCard Full Scholarship at McGill University
Incoming search terms:
- scholarship for students from kenya in the university of toronto
- scholarship of a kenyan student at the university of toronto
- scholarships in university of toronto for kenyan students
- university of Toronto full scholarships for international students
- university of toronto mastercard scholarship