There are several scholarship opportunities available for students from Jamaica to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees. Check out the list below!
Scroll down for Graduate Scholarships
- The Joan Duncan Foundation provides financial assistance to students enrolled in recognized higher education institutions in Jamaica, specifically those who are well-rounded students involved in their schools and communities.
- Applicants are required to have at least a ‘C’ average.
- To apply for this scholarship, your university or college must have identified you as an individual who is financially challenged.
- The University of British Columbia gives bachelors scholarships to talented secondary and post-secondary international students from all over the world.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, etc.
- The value of the scholarship given matches the individual’s demonstrated financial need and can cover up to full tuition costs for the program of study, as well as living costs.
- York University gives Global Leader of Tomorrow scholarships and International Entrance scholarships to international students interested in pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the institution.
- The scholarships are worth between $60,000 and $100,000 for a four-year undergraduate program.
- York University, located in Ontario, is a leading university in Canada.
- The Ministry of Education and Youth gives out several scholarships yearly to Jamaican students.
- Emancipation Scholarship – open to males and females under the age of 25. The scholarship is undertaken at the University of West Indies and University of Technology, Jamaica, for a period of 3 to 5 years.
- Annual Jamaica Scholarship – covers undergraduate studies at the University of West Indies. It is awarded yearly to students who display outstanding performance in the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (C.A.P.E.)
- Jamaican Government Exhibition Award – covers any undergraduate program at the University of West Indies. Recipients are entitled to a tuition fee and book allowance.
- The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the contribution that international students make towards the diversity of the university.
- Recipients of this scholarship get a partial tuition fee remission.
- This scholarship is awarded to international students who are high achievers and have excellent academic results.
- The scholarship is applicable for any of the undergraduate programs available at the university.
- The OFID Scholarship program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
- Tuition fees are paid directly to the university.
- The scholarship applies for study at any recognized university around the world.
- The Fulbright Program is a foreign exchange program funded by the United States Government.
- This scholarship program enables graduate students to study and conduct research in the US.
- Scholars must have completed an undergraduate degree at a reputable university and should display leadership potential.
- Recipients may pursue a variety of disciplines under this program, like natural sciences, mathematics, performing and visual arts, etc.
- The University of Westminster offers a number of fully funded scholarships for exceptionally qualified students from the UK, EU, and international countries.
- The scholarship is given as a full tuition fee award (waiver).
- This scholarship gives students from developing countries a fully funded opportunity to pursue a full-time master’s degree in any field offered at the university.
- The New Zealand Development Scholarships give people from targeted countries the opportunity to undertake development-related studies.
- The scholarship is available for specific subject areas that will give the recipients necessary skills that will aid in the development of their home country.
- Fields of study include subject areas within the fields of agriculture and renewable energy.
- This scholarship is undertaken at New Zealand universities or participating Pacific universities and covers full tuition costs.
- The Schwarzman Scholars Program gives the world’s best and brightest students from all over the world the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and build professional networks through a one-year masters program in China.
- Recipients of this scholarship study at Tsinghua University in China.
- This prestigious scholarship covers tuition, and fees, travel costs, room and board, stipend, etc.
- Recipients study for a Masters in Global Affairs, concentrating on economics and business, public policy or international studies.
If you are from Jamaica and you are looking for a scholarship, this list of great scholarships available for Jamaican students will be of great help!