Undergrdaute Foundation Scholars Program
- Is a $500 million, 10-year initiative to educate and prepare young people – particularly from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities.
- The Scholars Program provides young people from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
- The Program will serve an estimated 15,000 young people at the secondary and university levels. It has a particular focus on Africa, which is the world’s youngest continent and is experiencing unprecedented growth. Yet, it faces the lowest secondary and university education enrollment rates.
- Study at Stanford
- is one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities, encouraging collaboration, innovation, creative freedom, and diversity.
Field(s) of Study
- Most undergraduate programs
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full financial aid – this covers all expenses and more
- scholarship recipients commit to spending the summer between their junior and senior years working at an internship somewhere in Africa
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants are reviewed in the context and country where they attend high school. In addition, Stanford is committed to meeting demonstrated financial need for all admitted students (regardless of citizenship) who have requested financial aid during the application process.
How many scholarships are given?
- 5 Scholarships per Year – offered annually.
Which countries are targeted?
- mostly Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application process is the same for all applicants regardless of citizenship or country of residence. Review and follow our Freshman Application Instructions or our Transfer Application Instructions.
- All applicants must submit the Common Application online through The Common Application.
- Please note that you are applying for the MasterCard Scholarship on the Standard application
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ graduatemasters/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://