- Stanford Graduate School of Business contributes to Africa’s human and economic development by educating leaders who are committed to making significant impact on the continent.
- Stanford Africa MBA Fellows are required to return to their home countries within two years of graduation from the Stanford GSB and work for at least two years in a professional role that directly contributes to the continent’s development.
- This MBA Fellowship targets citizens of African countries who are unable to pay for their education.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
Field(s) of Study
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full cost of Stanford MBA tuition
- All fees associated with the course (up to US$ 160,000)
- Room, board and other living expenses for recipients who demonstrate additional financial need in their applications
How many scholarships are given?
- Up to 8 fellowships are given out every year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Citizens of African countries
- Dual citizens are also welcome to apply, as long as they hold citizenship of an African nation.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
The following conditions apply to anyone interested in this scholarship:
- You must have completed, or be in the final stages of completing your undergraduate studies, preferably at an institution in Africa.
- Students who have taken their first degree outside Africa are also eligible.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must return to work in Africa within two years of graduation, and remain employed in your country of origin for two years.
- You must show attributes worthy of a Stanford MBA Fellow, including leadership potential, intellectual prowess, and personal qualities that contribute positively to the class.
- You must commit to using the leadership and management skills learned at Stanford to improve the African economy.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps below.
- Application process
- You will be asked to provide the following with your scholarship application;
- Educational history – An unofficial transcript from your university will suffice. Official copies of your transcripts will be required only when you are accepted into the MBA program. You may also submit results of the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) at this stage. (The results of either of these tests will also be required for your MBA application).
- Any awards and honors (academic, personal or professional)
- Employment history – Although letters of recommendation are not necessary at this stage, you will need two of them for your MBA application.
- A one-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A 250-word essay addressing how you intend to make an impact in Africa
- Individual financial information
- A maximum of 100 finalists will be chosen for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship
- Notification will take place on 30 July 2017
- All finalists apply for the Stanford MBA program
- All Fellowship finalists must apply to the Stanford MBA program in either round one or round two. Submitting your application in round one works to your advantage, as competition is stiff in round two. Also, if you apply in round one, you get more time to prepare your application.
- The MBA application should be submitted together with GMAT or GRE scores, and results for one of the English language tests (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL), if applicable.
- Finalists can request up to one voucher to cover the cost of the GMAT or GRE test.
- The MBA course application fee will be waived or finalists.
- Receive an offer of admission
- The Stanford GSB will select up to eight MBA fellows out of the 100 finalists.
- The closing date is 7 June 2017, at 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).
- The application period lasts from 24 April to 7 June 2017.
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship website: Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum
Incoming search terms:
- stanford africa mba fellowship essay discussion
- MBA GAT results makerere university 2017/2018