- The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic funds the National Scholarship Program, which is currently open to international students from developing countries.
- The provision of the SR Government scholarships is a long-term part of SR development aid, which is a program and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the SR within the framework of the international community.
- This prestigious scholarship gives students from specific developing countries the opportunity to pursue full-time studies at any public university in the Slovak Republic.
- Any public university in the Slovak Republic.
Field(s) of Study
- Teacher Training and Educational Science
- Business Administration
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences
- Building Engineering, Manufacturing and Communication
- Water Resource Management
- Medical Sciences
- Dental Surgery
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Non-Medical Health Sciences
What does the scholarship cover?
- The SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport shall provide a foreigner with an SR Government scholarship during the standard length of study, when he/she is a student of a public university in the SR, pursuant to Act no 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education and based on the amendment of certain acts as follows:
Stage of higher education SR Government Scholarship Merit Scholarship
Language and vocational training €280 monthly €0
Higher education: First degree €280 monthly €50 monthly
Higher education: Second degree €280 monthly €50 monthly
Higher education: Third degree €330 monthly €170 annually
Students are also provided with stipends as follows:
- A one-time stipend during the first and second levels of University study disbursed twice, €35 at the beginning of the study program and €100 on completion.
- A one-time stipend during the third level of University study disbursed twice, €35 Euro at the beginning of the study program and €100 on completion.
- Those taking language and preparation studies only receive a one-time stipend of €35 at the beginning of the course.
Additional provisions include:
- The monthly scholarship grant in the set amount,
- Accommodation in a student hall of residence and catering in student canteens for payment equal to that of a student with SR citizenship,
- Education at the chosen public university under conditions equal to those of a student with SR citizenship pursuant to the conditions set by the university’s statute,
- An SR Government scholarship for 10-month language and vocational training, if the applicant has not completed secondary education in the SR or at a secondary school with Slovak language tuition abroad. Completion of a final exam is required and does not replace the university admission procedure pursuant toAct no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities on the amendment of certain acts, as amended.
How many scholarships are given?
- See Below – Listed by eligible country and number of awards given for each one.
Which countries are targeted?
Country – Bachelor and Master PhD
Development assistance – 2017
- I Afghanistan 6 0
- II Kenya 6 0
- III Moldova 5 1
Technical assistance -2017
- IV Albania 2 1
- IV Belarus 2 1
- IV Bosnia and Herzegovina 2 1
- III Georgia 2 1
- III Kosovo* 3 0
- III Ukraine 3 1
Special Interest Countries – 2017
- III Mongolia 2 1
- III Palestinian National Authority 3 0
- III Vietnam 2 1
Eastern Partnership Countries – 2017
- III Armenia 1 0
- IV Azerbaijan 1 0
Am I Eligible to Apply?
BACHELOR AND MASTERS Applicants – Persons applying for an SR Government scholarship for bachelor, master or postgraduate higher education study programs in the framework of the SR Government’s offer must meet the following conditions:
- You must have attained complete secondary education completed by a school-leaving exam. The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by the Education Documents Recognition Centre (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava. The centre’s statement will then be attached to the scholarship application.
- You must meet the conditions for acceptance for higher education study underAct no. 131/2002 Coll. on higher education institutions and the amendment of certain acts, as amended. (See www.minedu.sk)
- You must submit a completed application form for an SR Government scholarship with the relevant attachments
- You must be 18 to 26 years of age to apply for an SR Government scholarship.
PhD Applicants – Persons applying for a scholarship for doctoral study in the framework of the SR Government’s offer must meet the following requirements:
- You should have completed higher education in a second degree study program (having acquired the academic title “MSc.” at a foreign university or “Mgr.”, “Ing.”, “MUDr.” or “MVDr.” at a university in the SR). The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by theEducation Documents Recognition Centre (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava. Its opinion must be attached to the application for an SR Government scholarship submitted by the applicant for assessment to the selection committee of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
- You must meet the conditions for admission to the third degree higher education study program pursuant toAct no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and the amendment of certain acts, as amended;
- You must submit a completed application for an SR Government scholarship, stating the study field of the doctoral study according to the applicable list of doctoral study programs conducted in the SR, with a letter of preliminary acceptance from the expected teaching workplace in the SR, as well as with the relevant annexes;
- You should be 23 to 35 years of age to apply for an SR Government scholarship.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- APPLY ONLINE
- START HERE –https://www.vladnestipendia.sk/en/application
- A request for an SR Government scholarship is to be made by a foreigner no later than 30 May of the respective year on the form “Application for Scholarship of the Government of the Slovak Republic” with the relevant attachments, which form an integral part of these materials.
- The application is available in electronic form at vladnestipendia.sk.
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
- Exceptions will only be made for the additional submission of a final certificate that the applicant receives in the given calendar year at a date after that of submitting the application to the Slovak party.
- Materials sent in written form will not be accepted.
- The following attachments should accompany your application
- A record of the highest level of education attained
- Relevant completion certificates
- A letter of acceptance from a Slovak university
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photograph (check the website for exact specifications)
- Recommendations – from 2 education staff members or university instructors
- A signed Curriculum Vitae
- A valid passport
- Your publications
- A signed application form
- For the academic year 2017/2018, send your application electronically between29 March 2017 and 30 May 2017.
How do I get more information?
- Website – https://www.vladnestipendia.sk/en/
- See Also – http://www.minedu.sk/scholarships-of-the-government-of-the-slovak-republic/ and www.slovak-republic.org/education/scholarships
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum