- The Schwarzman Scholars Program, with a $450 million endowment, is the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China that is largely funded by international donors.
- This scholarship program is designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders.
- The inaugural group of Schwarzman Scholars was enrolled in 2016.
- The Schwarzman Scholars Program gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s degree.
- This program is hosted by Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities.
- Students pursue a Masters in Global Affairs and have a choice of three concentrations – economics and business, international studies and public policy.
- Successful recipients get to experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to focus on global affairs they may not have studied previously.
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
Field(s) of Study
- Masters in Global Affairs, with concentrations in either public policy, international studies or economics and business.
What does the scholarship cover?
This comprehensive scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees
- Room and board
- An in-country study tour
- Health insurance
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- Required course books and supplies
- A stipend of $4000 for personal expenses
How many scholarships are given?
- Up to 200 scholarships every year
- 45% of the recipients are from the US, 20% from China, and 35% from the rest of the world.
Which countries are targeted?
- All countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age by August 1, 2019
- Have an undergraduate degree, or a first degree from an accredited college or university, or its equivalent
- Demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. Non-native speakers of English need to submit official English proficiency scores (TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS). This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution or did a Masters course for at least two years with English as the primary language of instruction.
- Demonstrate academic excellence – you must have a proven track record of academic excellence in your studies, and be among the top of your graduating class.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application is completed online and submitted electronically.
- The application link is found on the scholarship website.
Required Forms and Documents
- A complete and successfully submitted online application
- Three electronic letters of recommendation
- Uploaded transcripts and academic records
- An introductory video (a self- introduction video)
- A current resume/ curriculum vitae
- Two essays:
- Essay One – Statement of Purpose and Leadership (750 Words)
- Essay Two – Current Affairs Essay (500 Words)
- Complete and submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline, due to the high volume of applications.
- Save your work often
- Complete the form in English
- Answer all the required questions
- September 27, 2018
How do I get more information?
- Website: https://www.schwarzmanscholars.org/
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum