CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIPS for International Students
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
The Government of the Republic of Macedonia announces the Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, initiating for the academic 2012-2013, at the University of Information Science and Technology “Saint Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Macedonia.
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 22 years old, from:
- Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan,
- Cameron, People’s Republic of China, Croatia, Czech Republic,
- Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia,
- Gabon, Georgia, Ghana,
- Indonesia, Israel, India,
- Laos, Latvia, Lebanon,
- Kazakhstan, Kuwait,
- Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco,
- Romania, Russian Federation,
- Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Slovakia,
- United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia,
- Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uzbekistan,
who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programs:
- Communication Networks and Security;
- Computer Science and Engineering;
- Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation;
- Information Theory and Analysis and
- Machine Intelligence and Robotics. One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries.
The scholarship provides for:
- full tuition fees;
- visa and residence permit fees (proof of good health condition and immunization chart is required);
- return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
- accommodation and food (full board) in the University dorm “Nikola Karev” in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia;
- health insurance;
- additional monthly allowance of 5000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
All prospective students should note that the application process starts on the 01.04.2012 and will be open until 01.06.2012. Candidates are required to submit an online application, which from 01.04.2012 will be available on the official scholarship web site of the Ministry of Education and Science, www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk or submitted in hard copy to the appropriate Ministry of Education of the applicant’s home country or in electronic version. All students must send attached scanned copies of the required documents and Application form to the following e-mail: email@example.com
In supplement to the application, candidates are required to provide electronic copies from the following original documents:
- Application Form (can be found in the annex of this Call for Scholarships or can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia: www.mon.gov.mk);
- Official high school diploma or certificate (where applicable);
- Official transcripts;
- Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate for the program they are applying.
The required evidence may take the form of either:
- Substantial education (minimum 15 months) conducted in English and undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of enrollment.
- Acceptable English language qualification or test result. The qualification or test results must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrollment.
Accepted results are:
- Grade C or better in English Language at GCSE / GCEO
- Grade C or better in English First Language at IGCSE
- Grade B or better in English Second Language at IGCSE
- An overall band of 6.5 or better in IELTS
- A score of 550 or better in the paper-based TOEFL (213 for computer-based, 80 for internet-based)
- Sub scores of 550 or better in Critical Reading and 550 or better in Writing in SAT
- Grade 4 or better in the Higher Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 5 or better in the Standard Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 4 or better in the Higher or Standard Level English Language (A1 or A2 Syllabus);or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Text and Performance; or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Literature and Performance (A1 syllabus) at International Baccalaureate
- Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
- Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
- An electronic copy of Passport which must be valid for the next 3 calendar years;
- In addition, as part of the application candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. Candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline. Both letters are confidential. In case they are sent in the form of hard copy, the documents must be sent in a sealed envelope, signed by the referee across the seal.
All documents submitted must be in English or officially translated in English.
- Applicants who have not completed their high school education by 01 April 2012 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalize their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than 01 August 2012;
- The selection process will be implemented by a five member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The contract will stipulate that the scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of the three years of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student satisfactory concludes the first year of studies;
- The students are encouraged to return to their home country after the completion of their studies;
- Official language of the programs is English and courses are held by distinguished local and international lecturers;
- Program Outline and Course Overview are included in the annexes of this Call and are available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle”: http://www.uist.edu.mk/faculties.htm;
- Additional information regarding the University and the programs is available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “Saint Paul the Apostle”: http://www.uist.edu.mk.
- General information about the City of Ohrid, the UNSECO protected city that hosts the University can be found at: http://www.exploringmacedonia.com.
For all addition information, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Ms Biljana Zafirovska
- tel: + 389 2 3140 165, +389 2 3227 761 and
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The interested candidates can submit their applications through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or directly through the web page of the Ministry of Education and Science:
- www.mon.gov.mk where they can also find the published Call for Scholarship or
- via on-line application on www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk.
For More Information – CLICK HERE
Incoming search terms:
- university of information science and techology macedonia scholarship 2013-2014
- International Undergraduate Scholarships In Marcedonia
- macedonian scholarship
- University for Information Science and Technology - St Paul the Apostle 2017 schorlaship