- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit.
- Macquarie University, North Ryde campus
- Macquarie University is on track to becoming one of Australia’s leading research universities. To reach this goal, the University is investing heavily in research, learning and teaching, new buildings, new teaching facilities and in developing mutually beneficial relationships with industry.
- Macquarie is home to some of the world’s most pre-eminent researchers many of whom are members of the University’s 18 Concentrations of Research Excellence. These concentrations cover a diverse range of fields from Ancient History to Climate Change.
Field(s) of Study
- Undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degrees North Ryde campus
- MUIS full scholarships are not available for the following courses: Master of Business Administration, Master of Management, Master of Applied Finance, Master of Advanced Surgery, Master of Surgery, and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full international tuition fees
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated, limited
Which countries are targeted?
- All countries except Australia or New Zealand
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Please note that due to an increase in the popularity of the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships the GPA requirements have increased to minimum 3.7 for Postgraduate and ATAR 96 for Undergraduate.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Apply ONLINE
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- MUIS Undergraduate
- MUIS Postgraduate
- Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
- To apply for the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report and applicants must also provide a ‘Statement of Purpose’ of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community.
- Session Application Deadline Outcome Advised
- Session 1 – February January 31st Every 2-4 weeks
- Session 2 – July June 30th Every 2-4 weeks
- Phone: +61 2 9850 7111, +61 2 9850 7111
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 2 9850 6410 or +61 2 9850 6410
- Postal Address – Macquarie University NSW 2109, Australia
- Location – Balaclava Road, North Ryde, New South Wales
- More information – http://www.mq.edu.au/study/international-students/scholarships/muis/VCIS
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ undergrad/