Commonwealth Jubilee Scholarship Program
Needs Based Scholarship Programs for Non-US Students
- St. George’s University offers a wide variety of institutional scholarships designed to recognize academic excellence and provide access to the best and brightest students regardless of circumstance.
- The St. George’s University, Grenada, Commonwealth Jubilee Scholarship Program, commemorating the 60 years of the Queens reign as the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations, provides for sixty full tuition scholarships to be awarded to Commonwealth citizens. Ten scholarships are available for Doctor of Medicine students in the School of Medicine.
- This scholarship program seeks to make tertiary education possible for top scholars in Commonwealth countries who might otherwise be unable to attend university. Preference will be given to students from developing countries and small states. Recipients will be required to return to their home countries and put their acquired education and skills to good use.
- The award determinations will be made by the University’s Commonwealth Jubilee Scholarship Committee based primarily on academic excellence, financial need and the student’s commitment to the chosen discipline. We seek to nurture and encourage students of superior academic caliber to strike out and impact the development of industry and healthcare in their home country.
- St. George’s University
Field(s) of Study
Graduate and undergraduate degree programs for
- Master of Public Health (MPH) program
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) program
- Arts and Sciences bachelor degree program
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree program.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition scholarships
How many scholarships are given?
- 60 full tuition scholarships to be awarded to Commonwealth citizens as detailed:
- 10 students pursuing the Master of Public Health (MPH) program; 15 for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program; 15 for the Arts and Sciences bachelor degree program; 10 for the five or four year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program; and 10 for the five or four year Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree program.
Which countries are targeted?
- Commonwealth countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Awards will only be made to resident citizens of Commonwealth countries.
- Scholarship candidates must be accepted to St. George’s University.
- Applicants must be able to fund their living and travel expenses through their own personal resources or alternative funding sources.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Accomplish online Application Form.
- Students must have an offer of acceptance from St. George’s University into the program of their chosen discipline.
- Students must also have a financial plan in place to fund living and travel expenses through their own personal resources or alternative funding sources. The fully completed and signed scholarship application, with essay, should be sent to:
St. George’s University
Grenada, Commonwealth Jubilee Scholarship Committee
Attn Jennifer CampbellSt. George’s University
c/o USS, LLC3500 Sunrise HighwayBuilding 300Great River
NY 11739 USA
- Fax: +1 631-665-8623: Attn Jennifer Campbell
- June 1, 2013 for class commencing in August 2013
- November 1, 2013 for class commencing in January 2014
How do I get more information?
- Email: JCampbell@sgu.edu
- FAX +1 631-665-8623
- Scholarship Website – http://www.sgu.edu/financial-services/sgu-som-scholarships.html