- Makerere University entered a partnership with MasterCard Foundation to offer scholarships to 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2023. This is a project worth US $ 20,989,965.15 implemented at Makerere University with the aim of developing the next generation of African Leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africa’s higher education sector and development. The project is implemented under the leadership of the Makerere University Gender Mainstreaming Directorate.
- Study at Makerere University
- Uganda’s largest and third-oldest institution of higher learning. Today, Makerere University is composed of 9 Colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Field(s) of Study
- BASIC SCIENCES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
- BACHELOR OF
- HUMAN MEDICINE / PHARMACY
What does the scholarship cover?
The Program offers comprehensive student support, that include;
- Tuition and Functional fees
- Accommodation, Feeding and stipend
- Laptop, books and other learning materials
- Transport to and from home
- Medical insurance
- Psychosocial support and mentoring of scholars
- Capacity building program for life skills development in ICT, Leadership, Gender, Human Rights, Communication, Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy.
How many scholarships are given?
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Makerere University will have six cohorts of Scholars with the first cohort of 50 Scholars beginning 2014/2015 Academic Year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Both female and male students who are qualified for first year undergraduate admission to Makerere University.
- Economically disadvantaged students from African Countries.
- Academic Excellence, with more points scored for students admitted for science disciplines
- A person with leadership experience or potential.
- Demonstrate Commitment to give back to the community.
- A person who is admitted on the basis of Uganda Certificate of Education results or its equivalent.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
Download Program Brochure – MCF Brochure
How do I get more information?
- Website – https://www.mak.ac.ug/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program-mcfspmakacug
Gender Mainstreaming DirectorateMakerere UniversityP O Box 7062 KampalaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +256 414 540 184+256 414 597 907
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.
myinternationalscholarships. com/category/level-of-study/ graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum
Incoming search terms:
- makerere university masters scholarships 2017
- makerere university
- master card scholarships
- Master card scholars makerere 2017/2018
- master card foundation scholarships makerere university 2017
- master card foundation makerere
- the final list of mastercard scolarship 2017/2018 At Makerere
- makerere university mastercard scholarship admission
- makerere university master card undergraduate scholarship list 2017/2018
- founders of mastercard scholarship at makerere