- The MasterCard Foundation aims to raise transformational leaders who will influence change on the African Continent.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
- This scholarship program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change in Africa.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana is the host school for this prestigious scholarship.
- Established in 1952, KNUST has a rich history in its evolution into a first-class University over the years. Kwame Nkrumah, the African Personality of the Century and pioneer of African independence is the founder of KNUST.
- KNUST believes in achievement through diligence and commitment, and continually develops plans not only to maintain its status as Ghana’s No.1 University but also to improve its international standing.
Field(s) of Study
- All subjects are considered, with preference given to Science students.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
- Recipients are provided with opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring (Go-Back Give- Back)as well as uniquely sourced internships.
- Recipients benefit from an academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- Recipients enjoy the prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Community and Alumni.
- Undergraduate recipients have the opportunity to be selected for an accelerated Masters Degree with an MCF partner institution in the USA.
How many scholarships are given?
- Several scholarships are given out every year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa Countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
Below are the criteria for admission into this program.
- Applicants must have applied to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- The applicant must have critical economic needs.
- Applicants should have WASSCE, GBCE, and GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level or equivalent results from an accredited institution, with certificates that satisfy KNUST’s admission requirements.
- Students who are awaiting results will not be accepted into the program.
- International students from provable economically vulnerable background
- Females and physically challenged applicants will be given top priority
- The applicant must have a good record of accomplishment in leadership and community engagement.
- The applicant must be prepared to “Go-Back Give-Back” to his or her community.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form from the website.
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to
- The Program Manager,
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat,
- c/o Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
- Private Mail Bag
- KNUST, Kumasi,
- When submitting your scholarship application form to the secretariat, be sure to submit the following additional documents.
- The printout of KNUST’s online admission
- Both ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level results or their equivalent
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews at the KNUST Secretariat of the MCF Scholars Program, at the Office of the Dean of Students
- All information, examination results and community visits for successful applicants will be verified before admission is approved.
- Applicants must ensure that their Skype ID’s and email addresses, as well as telephone numbers, are ACTIVE at all times in case critical information concerning their application is communicated.
- Applications close on 11 May 2018 at 17:00 GMT.
How do I get more information?
- Website: https://www.knust.edu.gh/announcements/general/call-for-applications-mastercard-foundation-scholarship-2018
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum