Danish Government Scholarships for International Students
- Denmark is considered one of the safest countries for international students to pursue their studies. It has the lowest crime rate in the world.
- Danish higher education institutions offer a wide variety of degree programs and courses taught in English.
- The unique teaching style used in Danish universities includes:
- a) Close collaboration between teachers and students
- b) Lectures involve active participation and problem solving rather than passive listening
- c) Focus on turning new knowledge into innovative solutions
- d) Project work with the teacher as the consultant
- e) Open debate and student-centered learning during classes
- Danish universities receive a limited number of government scholarships every year. These scholarships fund the education of highly qualified full degree students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
- Danish institutions of higher learning administer these scholarships. Each institution, therefore, decides which students will receive a scholarship.
- Danish institutions of higher education
Fields of Study
- The Danish Government Scholarships apply to eligible full-time higher education programs offered at participating institutions.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The government scholarship is in two parts and can be given either as full or partial tuition fee waivers, and/or grants to cover living costs.
- Note that scholarships are administered by the individual institutions, and as such, you should get more details from the institution of your choice.
How many scholarships are given?
- A limited number of scholarships are given every year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Non-EU/EEA international students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of a country outside the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland.
- You must be enrolled in a full degree (higher education) program
- You must have been granted a time-limited residence permit for education in Denmark
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Visit the website of your chosen university and the official scholarship website to get detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- The admission desk at your chosen university can also give you all the information you need.
- Note that the Danish institutions of higher education decide on the recipients of the scholarships.
- The deadline generally varies depending on your choice University and study program.
- Applications for September entry are sent in between March and April of the same year, while applications for February are sent in between September and October of the previous year.
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum