- The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
- From the late 1950s to the present day, over 21,500 foreign nationals have completed their studies at Czech universities with a scholarship from the Government of the Czech Republic.
- These scholarships are intended to promote the studies of needy foreign nationals from third world developing countries.
- The Czech Government scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study for each course.
- Recipients are expected to apply the knowledge, experiences, and friendships gained during the study period both for individual growth and for the benefit of the community.
- Selected universities in the Czech Republic as listed below:
- Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague
- Masaryk University in Brno
- Tomas Bata University in Zlin
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Brno
- Palacký University in Olomouc
- Technical University in Liberec
- VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
Field(s) of Study – (Study Areas Available in English)
- Scholarships are offered in the following study categories:
- MSPN – Follow-up Master´s Study Program
- DSP – Doctoral Study Program
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – DSP in Sector Economics & Economics of Enterprise
- Masaryk University, Brno – MSPN in Business Management
- Masaryk University, Brno – MSPN in Finance
- Tomas Bata University, Zlín – MSPN in Management and Marketing
- Tomas Bata University, Zlín – DSP in Finance
- Tomas Bata University, Zlín – DSP in Management and Economics
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Natural Resources and Environment
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Forestry, Water, and Landscape Management
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in International Development and Agricultural Economics
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Animal and Food Science in Tropics and Subtropics
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Sustainable Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Tropical Crop Management and Ecology
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Tropical Forestry and Agroforestry
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in Wildlife Management in the Tropics and the Subtropics
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno – DSP in various fields related to Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague – MSPN in System Engineering and Informatics
- Masaryk University, Brno – MSPN in Applied Informatics
- Palacký University, Olomouc – DSP in Computer Science
- Tomas Bata University, Zlín – DSP in Engineering Informatics
- Palacký University, Olomouc – DSP in Ecology and Environmental Protection
- Technical University of Liberec – MSPN in Machines and Equipment Design
- VŠB–Technical University of Ostrava – DSP in Energy Engineering
- Technical University of Liberec – DSP in Machines and Equipment Design (Equipment for Thermal Techniques)
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship covers necessary costs related to stay and study in the CR. The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently, the amount paid to students taking a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study program stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study program stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The scholarship figure includes an amount designated for the payment of food, accommodation, and public transport costs.
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s homeland are paid by the party that has nominated the student to study in the CR, or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third world countries in need.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants for Master’s scholarships should have completed a Bachelor’s study program
- Applicants for Doctoral scholarships should have completed a Master’s study program
- If the applicant intends to pursue studies in English, he or she must have a good command of the language
- Applicants for the English-taught Czech Government scholarships must sit an online entrance English language test in the course of the application submission.
Note: Follow-up Master study and Doctoral study scholarships are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programs who enroll in study programs with instruction in English
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Application forms may be submitted electronically from the opening date in mid-July.
- Each applicant must fill out the application form carefully, filling in all the blanks and observing the instructions.
- After completing the online registration, send the application form in electronic form to the Czech embassy or consulate in your home country
- If the application is accepted, the Embassy/Consulate will ask all the selected applicants to attend an interview
- Successful interviewees will then be asked to submit complete documentation by a given deadline determined by the Embassy.
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae with a focus on studies and employment
- Photocopy of a current passport
- Declaration of the Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions governing the granting of scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic (signed by hand)
- Declaration of the Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions governing the provision of health services (signed by hand)
- Affirmation on return to the sending country upon completion of studies (signed by hand)
- Legalized copy of Birth Certificate
- Medical confirmation of the applicant’s health
- Legalized copy of completion of previous studies
- Legalized copies of documents indicating completed lectures and examinations
- Additional information about the content of previous university education undertaken
- Additional information proving that the previous study program was provided by an institution certified as a provider of university education
- September 30th, 2018
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship website –http://www.msmt.cz/eu-and-international-affairs/government-scholarships-developing-countries?lang=2
- Free Scholarships – Click Here
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/graduatemasters/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum