UNDERGRADUATE Ethiopia Scholarships
Scroll Down for Graduate Scholarships
- If you would like to study in the US there are several excellent options. The best of these being schools that offer need blind admissions – I have written more about this in Step # 4 – click here to read the whole post – http://internationalscholarships.ca/international-scholarships-step-four/. Basically, the quick summary is if you can get admission to these schools then your tuition will be adjust based on your family income – for international students will comparatively low income your tuition would be paid.
- There are several schools that offer this program – the best of these is Brown University because they have a special fund to assist with this called their “Advancing Africa Fund”. This includes tuition cost, two round trip air fares tickets and a monthly stipend. An excellent but highly competitive opportunity.
- Here are some of the other requirements and benefits. The recipients will be asked to sign a pledge to return to full-time residency in Africa for a period of at least 2 years upon completion of undergraduate studies Brown. During their undergraduate studies at Brown, recipients shall be entitled to two return trips paid through the Fund. Upon the scholars return to Africa, recipients will be given a monthly stipend for 2 years to ensure a higher standard of living and to ease their transition.
- We were able to find information on two scholarship at this university – little current information is available for them – we recommend checking with the local officials to learn more.
- Aster Zewde Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This scholarship was set up to support and encourage academically strong women students in the Faculty of Language Studies. It provides a monthly stipend.
- Emperor Haile Selassie Memorial Association Scholarship
- This appears to be more of a general scholarship, funded through various internal and external people and organizations. It provides financial help for students.
Japanese Ministry of Education – Monbukagakusho
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate students or as research students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
- Ethiopians can apply through the Embassy of Japan in Ethiopia.
- The Embassy of Japan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia offers three different scholarships – #1 Research Student Scholarships, # 2 Undergradute Student Scholarships and #3 College of Technology Student Scholaships.
- You can download the application forms from the link above – Deadline for applying is May 31st.
- Here is a full undergraduate scholarship to study in the UK. It is specifically designed for students from Africa. The competition will be high but if you have excellent grades then it is worth it to apply. I have listed specific instructions below – but to summarize you must apply first to the school, then to the scholarship – this is the most common type of scholarship.
- UCL and AET want to help the people of Africa to help themselves. With this goal in mind they have partnered to in a plan to help students from Africa, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
- Located in Toronto, Canada provides an excellent scholarship for international students. Follow the link above to see the different options. The best being the “International Entrance Scholarship” that is gives the recipient $25,000 per year for 4 years.
- In order to qualify you must have outstanding academic performance, have shown your leadership potential in different roles and submit various letters of recommendation. If you think this description fits you and you would like pursue an undergraduate education at an excellent school – follow the links above to learn more.
- There are two other excellent scholarship in Canada that we recommend – these are at University of Trent and University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Ethiopia graduate students may apply for admission to a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree program in Norway. Norway offers a unique student experience and Norwegian institutions of higher education welcome applications sent by qualified students from all over the world.
- Swedish institute scholarships offer support to highly qualified students from 12 developing countries with which Sweden conducts long-term development cooperation. The grants will cover both living costs and tuition fees.
- Finland offers scholarship opportunities for Ethiopia graduate students, with education being their top priority. Finland is internationally oriented with special regional features, and you can choose between very different study environments ranging from larger urban campuses to close-to-nature campuses.
Primary and Secondary School
- The Tumaini Scholarship for Vocational Training supports young people pursuing vocational training such as carpentry, tailoring, mechanics, masonry, etc. The goal of the scholarship is to alleviate poverty by empowering youth and equipping them with the necessary skills to compete in the job market, reduce unemployment, and support their families.
- The Batonga Foundation Girls Scholarships provides support for 12 girls who are AIDS orphans, among more than 600 children who have lost their parents to HIV/AIDS and who are receiving community-based care and support through an Ethiopian NGO called Hope for Children. These 12 girls will receive support for post-secondary school education including support for tuition, school supplies and mentoring.
Incoming search terms:
- free scholarship for ethiopian students in norway
- Free Scholarship for ethiopian students
- scholarship for ethiopian high school students
- free scholarship for ethiopians 2013
- scholarship for ethiopians
- free scholarship for ethiopians
- scholarship for ethiopia
- free scholarship for ethiopian students 2016
- short term training scholarship for ethiopians
- free scholarship for ethiopian