- The ASU Foundation for a New American University and The MasterCard Foundation are pleased to announce the availability of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at ASU for the 2013-2014 academic year. This prestigious scholarship recognizes severely disadvantaged international students from Sub-Saharan Africa who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.
- Study at Arizona State University (commonly referred to as ASU or Arizona State)
- is a public research university located in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area of the U.S. state of Arizona.
- ASU is the largest public university in the United States by enrollment.
- ASU awards bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees, and is broadly organized into 16 colleges and schools spread across four campuses.
Field(s) of Study
- Any Undergrad Major
What does the scholarship cover?
The Scholars program provides financial assistance equivalent to the costs related to the attainment of a bachelor’s degree, which must be obtained within eight semesters, or four academic years.
The scholarship includes
- living expenses,
- internship experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, and
- cohort signature programs, such as a freshman retreat in northern Arizona, a Broadway show at Gammage Auditorium and a senior retreat.
- Students also are eligible to take up to nine credit hours of summer school courses.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not Stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Severely disadvantaged international students from Sub-Saharan Africa who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- first-time freshman seeking a bachelor’s degree
- citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- currently living in Sub-Saharan Africa
- academic achievement and potential
- demonstration of service and leadership in school or community
- motivation and commitment to return to Sub-Saharan Africa after graduation and give back
- verification of disadvantaged socio-economic status
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- The application for the this academic year is now open.
- Please visit: http://mcf-application.asu.edu/ for instructions on the application process or to start an application.
- Only accepted ASU students will be reviewed for this program.
- Students must submit the online ASU admissions application to access the online application for the program at ASU.
How do I get more information?
- Free Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Study in Norway – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/norway-full-bachelors-and-masters-scholarship-to-study/
- Best Undergrad Scholarships – http://www.myinternationalscholarships.com/category/level-of-study/undergrad/
Incoming search terms:
- scholarship for developing countries
- mcfscholarship@asu edu
- https://scholarships in Finland
- https//global asu edu
- international scholarship for Arizona state university for sub sahara zone
- undergraduate sub-saharan scholarship