- The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme (MNAUSS) is supported under the Africa-India strategic partnership for some special scholarships in the field of Agriculture for Africans working in African institutions of higher learning and research. The Africa-India Capacity Building Scholarship Programme comprises:
- Capacity Building Masters Degree Scholarship
- Special University Lecturers PhD Fellowship Programme
- African Universities
Field(s) of Study
What does the scholarship cover?
- Master’s programme : two years, 12,000 Indian Rupees a month
- Doctorate programme: three years, 15,000 Indian Rupees a month
- All expenditure towards tuition fee, hostel fee, mess, medical, contingency and travel within country etc. during the course will be shouldered by the scholar.
- The cost of air ticket and visa will be paid through the Indian Mission in the respective African Country.
- Facilities: All the agricultural universities have residential requirements and students have to stay in the hostels. All foreign students are provided accommodation in the university campus.
How many scholarships are given?
- Limited, not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- African countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Be a National/Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Have good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts.
- Have at least two (2) years post-graduation work experience
- Willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of study for at least three (3) years.
Master’s Programme minimum criteria:
- Less than thirty five (35) years old
- A holder of a four year Bachelor’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture, at least Upper Second Class Honours.
PhD Programme minimum criteria:
- Less than forty five (45) years old
- A holder of a high quality Master’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Interested candidates must accomplish Application Form in PDF format and the EXCEL Applicants’ Data Sheet. The files are available on the Africa Union web-site: https://www.au.int/web/en/newsevents/27581/mwalimu-nyerere-african-union-scholarship-scheme-africa-india-fellowship-programme.
- The applicants must submit their formal application (in English only) and include the following:
- Application letter
- A recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV indicating date of birth, nationality, work experience, and names and contacts of three referees.
- Certified copies of university diplomas/degrees.
- Photocopies of academic transcripts.
- Certified copies of the syllabus of courses covered in university/college attended
- Brief description of applicant’s research project proposal with a maximum of 1000 words (for PhD Candidates).
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses.
- Photocopy of the Data-Page of their Travel Passport.
- Three (3) sets of hard copies of the above documents must be sent by post to the address below.
Mwalimu Nyerere Scholarship programme,
African Union Commission,
P.O. Box 3243,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all the above – mentioned documents in PDF format) along with the Application Form and EXCEL Applicants’ Data Sheet; and send to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com, copied to OlgaA@africa-union.org and Eltahirn@africa-union.org.
- Deadline: 28th February 2013
How do I get more information?
- Website: www.au.int OR Pdf info sheet
- Address: Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA P. O. Box 3243
- Telephone: 251-11-5517700
- Fax: 251-11-551 7844