It’s widely known that in Africa going into college or a university for that desired career you have always dreamed of can be so expensive for students hence making most of the students to cut their studies after high school due to lack of funds, due to this kind of obstacles to students governments and NGO’s have established new means in helping that’s where scholarships get in. Qualifying for a scholarship for students in Africa has been a very discouraging issue in most of the countries in Africa, it even makes students have the feeling it’s like playing the lottery, meaning; hoping for a great price in a high payoff. Well this article will outline tips on how students in Africa will be able and hopefully get scholarship you need.
I can recall one of my cousins back in about two years, he had a severe stress of the application process, because many of his friend’s applications were declined, he came forward to me seeking tips on how he should write an application and win the scholarship, to my knowledge it was hard but I had to help. After my help it was to my surprise that he informed me that he had won the scholarship while other students who were academic superiors than him did not. The main reason for my cousin to win the scholarship was because of lack and very charismatic strategies that I helped him use when applying for the scholarship.
Well scholarships usually require a well written essay of about 300 – 400 words, this should be more or less. The main points should indicate “why do you deserve the scholarship more than the others?” as well as “your goals and what’s your plan to achieve them?” some countries may require that the applicants should be holders of the countries nationality. After sending the applications, professors will examine and eliminate any inappropriate applications, of which many of the professors are not specialists of the exact field that you are interested in. compose an easy to read application which will make you stand out of the rest. Here the question will be how? Below are some of the tips to follow.
- Present yourself
- Good writing style
- Brilliant idea
- State clearly your ideas and make it brilliant to astound the eye of the reader.
Good writing style
- Put in mind the application is not meant for a person who knows your field, as to that you should write the application simply in an understandable terms, format the application presentably and use graphics where necessary to support your application.
- Rewrite your application to as many times as you can to perfect your application and eliminate any typos.
- To prove that you really need the scholarship it will be wise to provide a list of people who are ready to share and explain how charming and wonderful person you are.
- The scholarship is for none other than you, present yourself and show how much you need it.
- Have in mind what exactly you want to study.
- Most of the universities arrange a fellowship office that can start asking you questions. Conduct researches and get to know which questions are likely to be asked.
- Take your time to research and writing your application.